Find the perfect centre or home-based service for your child and family

* Click here to view the national register of services:

* Check the lists of services put on notice for breaching minimum standards:

“Helping you make the best childcare decision”MyECE is 100% New Zealand

Free consumer information | Expert advice and articles 
 Rate and review servicesComplaint forms | Checklists


About Us

My ECE provides parents and the public with straightforward information on early childhood education (ECE). 

My ECE was born following the recommendations of the NZ Government ECE Taskforce in 2011 for information on service quality and standards to be brought together in a format to allow parents to assess their service, and to compare their service with other services in their area.

Parents and caregivers can look up services within their geographical area, learn more about each, check for positive reviews and ratings by users, and compare services.

Parents and caregivers can rate and give feedback on individual services. Externally submitted reviews are one component of what is provided here to allow parents and caregivers to form their own opinions when choosing an early childhood service. For each service, there is also an outline of things that parents really need to know before making their choice including:  staffing, if it exceeds more than 50 children, if its had its licence downgraded by the Ministry of Education in the previous year or two, and if the Education Review Office has given it a positive review or not.

Our team of experts have contributed articles and checklists on a range of education and childcare topics.  Check out the guide to the early childhood regulations, the Code for Children's Rights in ECE, the Code of Conduct for ECE Services, and how to make a complaint against an early childhood service. 

Kia ora rawa atu – Many thanks for coming to My ECE