Article Index

Making a Complaint

If you wish to make a complaint to your ECE service, a complaint form is available for parents to print and use - print copies of a complaint form for parents

Serious matters should be reported to the Ministry of Education. It is best to put your complaint in writing because then you have proof of the complaint if you do not hear back from the Ministry and see no action or improvements. If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been dealt with, then complain again. It is your right to be listened to and have your complaint adequately investigated. Addresses for regional Ministry of Education offices can be found at: how to make a complaint to the Ministry of Education 

If you not wish to contact the Ministry of Education yourself, and would prefer anonymity, you can make an online report in confidence by going to:  report an early childhood service 


Informing the Police

If you believe a child has been, or is likely to be, harmed, do not hesitate to contact the police for advice or to report. This includes sexual abuse, emotional and physical harm.