The Ole Schoolhouse
How many stars: 5 Stars
Street or Road: 15 Toko Street
Phone: (07) 348 1475
Ownership: This service is a privately operated business e.g. it is owned by a sole trader, partnership, company or private trust
Ages of children: From infants to 5 or 6yrs
Practises Gender Equality: Exclusively all-female teaching staff (adults who are counted as teachers)
Education Review Office report: The last report was in 2018 and it was most positive
Ministry of Education Licence ID number: 40033
Qualified teaching staff: 80% or more of the teachers counted within the minimum ratio for the number of children hold a practising certificate recognised for teaching in NZ
The Ole Schoolhouse recognises the importance of gender equality in the early childhood education sector and has sponsored several grants for male students embarking on early childhood teacher training.
Click here to go to an article about the establishment of this centre
My ECE Rating of this Service:
Five-Star Rating (5 out of 5 stars)
- Qualified Staff: This service has a higher proportion of qualified or trained teachers/ educators.
(Centres with 80% or more qualified teachers within the legal minimum staffing requirement. Home-based services and Playcentres on a higher funding rate for educator training).
- Service Size: The service operates on a small and personal scale for children and families. It is what we call a 'boutique' early childhood service.
- Education Review Office report: The latest ERO report for this service was a positive one (or ERO has yet to make a report available on this service).
- Commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement: The service regularly evaluates how well it is providing for children and its quality by asking families for feedback using the "NZ ECE Survey of Parent Satisfaction and Experience" developed by researchers.
- Positive Reviews: Parents and caregivers are reporting in their reviews of this service that they have had a great experience with it (consistently positive reviews an overall rating of at least 4 out 5).
Click here to read what features are rated and what this service can do to lift its current rating
Parents rating of service: Reviews are great - average 4/5 stars
Entrant in the Wall of Shame: NO
Entrant in the Hall of Excellence: YES - This service is in the Hall of Excellence
Add a Review. Tell us what you think about this service and give your rating of it
Click on the "write review" button opposite
NOTE: one review only per parent, caregiver or visitor on this service. Promotional reviews by operators and staff will not be accepted.