1. When a child is at the centre the child's parent or guardian has a right to enter and be on the premises, except if the parent or guardian:
- is prohibited from access to the child by a court order
- has been warned by the centre to stay off the premises under the Trespass Act
- has a contagious disease or infection likely to have a detrimental effect on children
- is drunk or under the influence of alcohol or other behaviour altering substance
- is behaving in ways that the person responsible for running the centre thinks is disrupting the effective operation of the centre.
(Education Act 1989, Section 53, 319A, Parent’s right of entry. Note that this applies to Home-based services as well)