1. Suitable human resource management practices are implemented and a documented HR process includes:
- Selection and appointment procedures.
- Job/role descriptions.
- Induction procedures.
- Regular appraisal.
- Personal development.
- Definition of serious misconduct.
- Discipline and dismissal procedures.
2. All staff (paid and unpaid) who have access to children are safety checked in accordance with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. Safety checks must be undertaken and the results obtained before the worker has access to children. The results of the safety checks must be recorded and the record kept as long as the person is employed at the service. Every children’s worker must be safety checked every three years. Safety checks may be carried out by the employer or another person or organisation acting on their behalf.