Curriculum requirements specific to Kohanga Reo centres affiliated with the National Kohanga Reo Trust are included in this curriculum section and these are as follows:
1. Ensuring an environment rich in te reo and tikanga Maori.
2. Kohanga Reo centre whanau responsible for providing learning opportunities demonstrate knowledge of Tikanga and good practice in Kohanga Reo.
3. Kohanga Reo centres will seek information and guidance from Te Kohanga Reo National Trust when requesting assistance from agencies/services to support working with children and their parents/whanau.
4. Kohanga Reo centre whānau responsible for providing learning opportunities demonstrate knowledge of tikanga and good practice in Kohanga Reo.
5. Kohanga Reo centre curriculum supports mokopuna learning and development by:
- Being inclusive and responsive to mokopuna and whanau.
- Empowering whanau participation in mokopuna learning.
- Ensuring an environment rich in te reo and tikanga Maori.
- Providing a range of indoor and outdoor experiences and opportunities in te reo to enhance and extend the whole development of mokopuna.