1. If children travel in a motor vehicle while in the care of the service:
- They are restrained as required by land transport legislation.
- Required adult: child ratios are maintained.
Additional information: The legal requirements according to land transport legislation for restraining children in a vehicle include:
- Infant restraint: birth to at least one year of age (up to13kg)
- Convertible (baby to child) restraint: birth to approximately four years of age (up to18kgs)
- Front-facing child restraint: about one year to approximately four years of age (9–18kg)
- Booster seat: from approximately four years of age (18–36kg)
A child does not have to be in a restraint if travelling in a passenger service vehicle such as a bus or taxi when no appropriate child restraint is available.
2. Written approval from the parent is given:
- Before each travel begins unless child is with their parent.
- Upon enrolment if providing transport for children to and/or from the service.